Saturday, May 16, 2009

Hiking With Daddy!



Joel has really gotten into photography, and I think he is really very talented. Eli, ever the observant one, has been collaborating with him on things like composition and framing. So, on this last hiking trip, Joel let Eli use the old camera. He was thrilled, and had a ball taking pictures! Isn't he adorable?

If you haven't guessed yet, "Hiking With Daddy" is going to be a regular installment of the blog, especially when summer arrives and the days are warmer and longer. The kids love to hike, Joel loves to hike, and it gives me the treat of having some alone time at the house. Everyone wins!




3 comments:

Clint and Jennifer said...

Oops, I spoke too soon... guess there wasn't much of a break from all that treacherous hiking...
Oh wait, they LIKE the hiking!
Oh, okay... well then...
Glad they got some wonderful hiking in with their daddy! Especially glad mommy got some time to herself, although from the pictures, it looks like momma hawk was still keeping one little hawk under her wing..?
Well, even so, Eli does look adorable as the budding new photographer in the family.
Hugs to the cuties! I miss them so!
Love you,
Jen

fourlittlehawks said...

No, we've just stopped photographing her. I read in the manual that our new camera needs a special lens when shooting evil.

Oh! Everyone calm down, I'm just a little bit kidding. Yes, one little hawk was home with Mama - I don't remember what it was that particular day, but I'm sure you can imagine.

Blomquist Blog said...

Great pics Jen! I think that Joel is creating wonderful memories with the kids out in nature! How awesome that they like to hike with him. I have fond memories of hiking as a child! Keep the posts coming--love reading and hearing about your beautiful family!

Blessings,

Debbie