Thursday, November 5, 2009

We Heart Snow Boots

Because they match perfectly with my spider hat . . .
And they make it easier for Daddy to catch me . . .
And they seem to say to the rest of the world, "Look at me! I'm an individual! Whether it's forty degrees outside or eighty, I'm gonna rock these snow boots, just because I can!"
I have recently discovered that there is no footwear quite so desirable as a heavy, hot pair of snow boots. I know this because every morning before school I find myself repeating the phrase,
"Take those snow boots off, your feet are going to roast!" to the general dejection of my daughters. I wonder what it is about them that makes them so fun - so worth exasperating your mother trying to sneak off to school in them? I think you have to be under the age of 10 to get it, so I'm not even going to try. I'm just going to sit back and enjoy my silly girls clomping around on a sunny day, bedecked in boots that, at least in Hannah's case - amount to half their body weight . . . and smile.


2 comments:

Clint and Jennifer said...

Hey Emma!
Hey Hannah!
Shhhhhhh...
don't tell your mom I said this,
but,
SNOW BOOTS ROCK!

Corie Barnhart-Grogan said...

They do rock!! See...I love snow boots too and since it's snowing now and really-really cold..I'm going to leave mine on today as long as possible. And besides, this is Colorado..the wild wild west and all good cowboys and cowgirls never go anywhere without their boots on.