Monday, April 20, 2009

A Flurry of Updates - Can you keep up?

Once again, I've allowed myself to get horribly behind on my blogging! Since the kids are out of school today, I'm going to try to catch you up in one big blog updating frenzy. First are some recent pictures of Maggie Mae, who is getting bigger and sweeter every day. I was really beginning to wonder if she even had a flaw, so perfect is she in every way. Yesterday, I discovered her flaw.

Her head is made of solid granite.

How do I know this, and does it really constitute a flaw, you ask? I know because while I was bending down to scoop up a pile of laundry, she was jumping up in the general direction of my face- and her big granite head collided with my lip. End result - a big, fat, purple cut lip.

Did I mention the kids are out of school?

Good thing, because I look like I had a street fight. No, you don't get to see pictures.
I know this will disappoint some of you, so I will compensate you with pictures of Maggie during morning nap time. I have no make up on, and my hair is partially wet and looking very weird indeed. There, that's almost as embarassing as busted lip pictures, so you can't call me vain. Yes, yes, I know I posted pictures of Joel with a broken nose, and I'm being a hypocrite.

If you come clean and admit that you're a hypocrite, it's not as bad - look that up, it's a genuine rule.




Ugh, she is so stinkin' cute! I forgive you, Maggie - at least now I know I can take a punch, right?

2 comments:

Clint and Jennifer said...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaawwwww, sweet Maggie Mae- you really ARE adorable, even if your head's made of granite and you give my sister fat lips. I too, forgive you, for if it were not for your head butt to my sister's lip, I would not have experienced the laughter therapy I did while reading this post about it.
Sorry Jen, it's just too funny! Not your pain, of course, just your way of telling the story! You really need to blog more, you know?

Okay, and one last thing... so I don't lose my "for the record" comment spree, FOR THE RECORD: you may be a hypocrite, but you are too stinking pretty without make-up on to say you look bad in these pictures, so don't even try...

Carrie said...

I not been by in a while sorry I have to catch up on your blog!