Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Hannah Turns Six!

"Um, Mommy, you don't think you're done updating your blog yet, do you?" "Helloooo! I had a birthday! You have to do my birthday post!"
"Okay, listen up guys, I'm gonna tell you how it went down!""So, first I opened presents, I got some great stuff, no kidding! Then, I ate muffins for breakfast - my Mom made two kinds because I couldn't decide on my favorite. Turns out that having two kinds is my favorite! After that, my Mommy took my sister and I to Build A Bear workshop, which was my gift from MomMom and PopPop. Who do you think forgot the camera when we went to the mall? I'll give you a hint - it wasn't me or Emma. After we built our bears, we ate soft pretzels and ice cream for lunch. My Mommy is awesome, right?!""So, my Mommy made me a birthday cake in the shape of a lamb. She tried to convince me it was an Easter themed cake, but it's my birthday and I wanted a lamb, so you can guess how that went. Thing is, we don't have any pictures of the cake, either. Right before cake time, my sister got her hamster out and he was rolling through the house in his ball. We all thought this was very cute! Well, all of us except for my Rinnie. She sat in the living room with her feet tucked under her and shrieked whenever the hamster ball rolled in her direction. Wierd, right?Then, it happened! We had a little disaster with the hamster escaping his ball, everyone screaming, and the dogs trying to eat the hamster. It took my Mommy and Daddy so long to catch that hamster that cake time happened much later than usual. It was so worth it, you should have seen all the excitement caused by one tiny hamster. That guy can run like grease lightening!"
"I think my Mommy was so shaken up by the incident with the loose rodent that she completely forgot to take pictures of me blowing out my candles and everyone singing to me. That's okay, I know how rodents rattle her. Wait, do you suppose that birthday wishes still count if no one takes a picture of you while you're making it???"


5 comments:

Blomquist Blog said...

Hi Jen!

LOVE, LOVE, all the pics! I especially like the ones of you and the girls! How precious! Hannah looks like she had a great birthday celebration! Never a dull moment in your family!! Thanks for sharing!

Blessings,

Debbie

Clint and Jennifer said...

EEEEEEKKK!
We're on our way!!
Love you guys!!!
See you soon!!!!!!!!!!
Jen

Carrie said...

Love the pictures! Happy Birthday@!

Trina said...

Love these pics!!!! Happy Belated Birthday, Hannah!! Thanks for coming over today! it was such a fun treat!!

Corie Barnhart-Grogan said...

Yes, your mommy is Awesome! And you my dear Hannah are gorgeous and getting so big right before my eyes!! I can't believe that you are already 6 years old! Like your grandpa used to say about your mommy..."it's time to put a brick on your head because you're growing way too fast!!" That sounds pretty old fashioned doesn't it? Probably something his mommy & daddy said to him when he was a little boy.
Be happy my precious one and always know and feel safe in the knowledge of how much you are loved!
Love,
Rinnie