Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Our "Enchanted" Evening . . .

Last night Emma and I had a Girl's Night Out, and went to see the new movie "Enchanted". It was so cute, Emma and I both thoroughly enjoyed it. It pokes fun at the traditional Disney fairytale and has some very funny moments. The overall theme (as I saw it) is finding the person that you fit with, and working as a team to overcome adversity. Emma and I both loved it when the heroine kicked off her glass slippers and jumped into the action to help her true love defeat the villain!
After the movie Emma and I had dinner at Olive Garden and some really great conversation. I really need to do things like this more. It was so much fun to just focus on one of my children individually and enjoy all of the things that make Emma who she is. Still no photos, but my computer is together again (thanks Joel!) so hopefully I can get to that later.

Eli has a doctor appointment today that includes a blood draw . . . yikes! I'm dreading it - and I have no conclusive way of communicating to him what they are going to do.

~ Jen

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Hi Jen,
I am thrilled about the van - I have been wondering about that since we came home from China. What a great thing to have when you have 4 kids!
As for the blood draw - I understand. Zach told the translator we had at that visit that he "didn't want to die!" A child's imagination is really powerful... Praying that goes smoothly for Eli and you.
Cindy