Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A Public Apology . . .


I know I promised to have pictures and an update from Eli's birthday, but our computer upstairs is dismantled. Joel was using the monitor while repairing his Dad's computer, so I am not able to upload pictures. I just wanted everyone to know that I have not slipped back into "bad blogger" status (yet).

So, in the absence of the pictures you really want to see, I posted one of our new van. It's not our actual van, but a picture of the same make and model I found online. Isn't it exciting?
Now, for the other piece of business I need to attend to this morning. Please feel free to ignore the following announcement, as it's meant for just one person. Normally, I would send this person an email and leave you all out of it - but this particular person usually demands some sort of public display of abasement in order for restitution to take place. So here it goes:

ERIC, I didn't forget your birthday, despite the fact that you might think I did. I would never forget your birthday - who could forget the day that you first graced the earth with your presence? Nobody! That's Who! I mean, we've been friends half our lives, do you think I'd forget your birthday??? Why didn't I call you on your birthday, you might ask? Well, I have a very good reason for that, as you will see:
Yesterday morning, I realized it was your birthday, but it was too early to call you so I started school with the kids.
Then, for just the space of a few hours, I forgot.
In the afternoon, I remembered again, and I exhorted myself not to forget again. I should have called you then, but my kids insist that they need to be fed three times every day. THREE! So I fed them lunch and got Joel and Eli headed out for their eye appointment.
Then, I forgot.
In the evening, I was making dinner for the family (for their THIRD meal of the DAY!) and as I was throwing away some scraps, I saw your name on my calendar. "OH NO", I exclaimed, "I must NOT forget again!"
But no sooner had the kids finished eating and we settled in to watch Dancing with the Stars - I forgot to call you again. Really, you would think the tights and sequined costumes would have reminded me . . . but that's not the point.
So as you can clearly see, I would never, ever forget your birthday. Except for just those few hours yesterday. Once, I saw a movie where this CIA agent kept "losing time" and I'm pretty sure that is what happened to me. Once, I read where eating alot of turkey can sometimes harm your short term memory, and I'm pretty sure that also happened to me.
Can You Forgive Me??
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERIC!

Love,
Jen

1 comment:

Trina said...

I LOVE the van!! Congrats!!! That is too funny about Eric! I am sure he will forgive you! Have a great day! I look forward to catching up soon!