Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Tooth Fairy . . .



Emma says the funniest things sometimes, and this story was just too good not to share. Friday night, Emma lost her last remaining front tooth! She was so excited! I was in bed, very sick with a high fever and a double ear infection (did you know that grown ups can get those??), but I propped myself up far enough to rejoice with her. Later, when Joel was putting her to bed, she was chatting excitedly about the Tooth Fairy. She described to Joel what she thinks the Tooth Fairy looks like, what sort of dress she wears, and how she manages to get in the house and leave money under pillows while avoiding detection.

Joel was rather taken aback, not having realized that Emma actually still believed in the Tooth Fairy, but he played along like a good Daddy. Then as he finished tucking her into bed, she suddenly became very serious. "So Daddy", she said, "Mama's really sick - do you know how to do the Tooth Fairy thing or what?"

LOL! I love that she had so much fun playing up the fantasy, all the while knowing that the real tooth fairy doesn't dress very glamorously and was sick in bed across the hall! The answer was that of course Daddy made an excellent tooth fairy - she even scored more cash than I would have left for her. I think the kids might confer and decide to fire me as the Tooth Fairy and keep Daddy on instead!

Love,

Jen

2 comments:

Corie said...

Oh Jen, you were so right!! I am laughing out loud alot!! I just wish that you had been blogging for as far back as when Emma started her "Emmaisms"...did they even have blogging then? Because only Emma can come up with some really great ones!
Love,
Mom

Trina said...

That is a very funny story!! Brian and I both laughed out loud! Thanks, Emma for keeping us all in stitches! Have a great Christmas!