Friday, December 28, 2007

Yikes! I got blog-back-logged!


MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
I have to apologize for my long absence, but maybe you've been absent too? Holiday craziness, anyone? I hope that everyone reading this had a wonderful Christmas, we sure did!

My Mom came from Missouri and we had nowhere else to go or be, which was so great. Mom wasn't feeling well, so we just hung out and had a very low key visit. Watching movies, talking, (eating about a million cookies), and enjoying the kiddos. As always, the kids had a fantastic time being with her, as did Joel and I. We sure love you, Mom!

I do have one terrible confession to make, so let's just get it out of the way. I have no photos of Christmas Day! Not one! In all of the Night Before Christmas activity, I completely forgot to charge our camera and we realized Christmas morning that the battery was dead. I know . . . those of you who have known me long enough are wondering why I'm acting as though this was an isolated incident. I'll give you some highlights of the day, and you can picture them in your mind - not as good I know, but we'll just be old fashioned together.
I'm afraid that Eli might think that every month or so, we have a big gift pile for him to open in the morning. He's only been home a little over two months, and had a birthday and Christmas. Boy is he going to be disappointed January - November! His birthday provided the training that he needed, and he had no trouble ripping into his gifts! He got some Lego sets he'd asked for, a remote control car, and some other odds and ends. Just when he thought he'd mastered the secret of gift unwrapping, he encounters a Christmas stocking. His face was pretty funny when I handed him his stocking, but luckily he had the examples of his siblings to follow. One of the things I put in his stocking was a package of boxer shorts. I thought his eyebrows would become permanently glued into his hairline! Emma got a big gift this year - a Nintendo DS. She hadn't asked for this, so she was very surprised. I'd give anything to have her reaction on videotape (nope, that camera wasn't charged either)! Hannah got a Barbie "laptop" that unfortunately lets her pretend she is shopping online. On the box, they had a picture of a little girl learning her letters from her Barbie laptop, so I bought it thinking it was an educational toy. I guess in a way I was right, just not the sort of education I had in mind. So, Hannah, will you be paying with your credit card today?? Joshua had his wish list basically filled, with video games and Lego sets. He is feverishly plotting how he'll spend his Christmas stash . . .
While I don't have any pictures of Christmas Day at our house, I hope you enjoy the photos of my little snowhawks out on a walk with Daddy. Check out Hannah's hair.
Why Joel? . . . Why?
We are so, so blessed this year. I am filled with a content, peaceful, and thankful spirit - I pray the same for all of our loved ones!



Love You All,

Jen

No comments: