Monday, November 24, 2008

Happy Birthday Eli!

Today is my sweet boy's tenth birthday! It's hard to grasp that one of my little hawks has moved up to the double digits! Even though the kids are out of school for Thanksgiving this week, we still had a crack of dawn birthday celebration. This way, Rinnie could see Eli open his presents before she left for work, and Joel was still fairly conscious having just gotten home from work. Eli was so excited to open his presents! He got some great Lego sets, his first video game of his very own, some comfy pajamas (you'd be surprised at how big on comfy jammers my two boys are), and a Halo action figure. With no hope of any 'good' toys being opened, Emma and Hannah were pretty sleepy, but Josh was just as anxious as Eli to get a peek at the birthday loot:


Isn't this a cute picture of my Mom?
She looks like she's daydreaming about seeing her husband David on Thursday:

They boys have been lost in Lego mania all day long, only stopping for a quick lunch and some buttermilk pie. I really took this picture just to remember what my living room floor looks like without Legos scattered all over it. It will be some time before I see it again:

Hannah was quite sleepy and a bit underwhelmed, so here she's taking a breather from all the festivities to wake up a bit more:

2 comments:

Clint and Jennifer said...

YAAAAYY!!!! LEGOS!!!! WhooHooo!!! I know you had one HAPPY BOY today! (Okay, probably TWO happy boys!)
And Tetris is the PERFECT video game for Eli if you ask me. Has he tried it out yet? You'll have to tell me if he likes it. I want to come over and play it with him! That is ONE video game I LIKE!
And another big YAY for the snuggly pajamas! Mmmmmm, perfect for those cold nights to come.
What awesome presents for Mr. Big-Ten-Year-Old Hawkins! Soo fun!
Oh, and I recognize those jammers Joshua is wearing! You wait, Jen, those were the last jammers Caleb wore before he got "too big" for pajamas... you have about another year before you enter the pre-teen twilight zone of growth with your boys. It's sad, scary, and little bit fun all at the same time.

OH, and it was SO GOOD to see beautiful little Rinnie in the background of the pictures! Tell her I said she looks so cute in her scrubs!

Thanks for sharing those sweet pictures of your beautiful hawk babies on Eli's birthday. I miss them and love each one of them so!

Love you,
Auntie

Carrie said...

Happy Birthday ELI! Yes I love Bday's JT was just Nov. 21st! It was a great time-I am happy to see you all having fun!