Saturday, December 27, 2008

Merry Christmas Pictures!

Here they are, posing before the festivities begin - Emma always closes her eyes, so after awhile we just give up and accept that at least the other three look conscious. Josh was not as depressed as he looks, I promise! And isn't Eli cute signing "Happy"?

Digging into the stockings! Maybe this is a weird tradition, but I always put new underwear in their stockings - it's not the only thing in their stockings, don't worry! In this picture, Emma and Hannah have gotten to the good stuff underneath the underwear, and Eli is still pulling out underwear - notice the outrage on his face as he peers over at Emma's new toy!
Joel was very excited that he and the boys will be building model rockets to launch this year, just like he did growing up:

Ah, now Eli's got the Christmas spirit. New Legos from MomMom and PopPop:



Hannah's MaMaw sent her very first Piggy Bank!

MomMom and PopPop got Josh a video game he's been wanting forever! May the force be with you, MomMom and PopPop!

Hannah's big present from Joel and I was her very own dollhouse and furnishings:
And Emma was the ecstatic recipient of a brand new bike! And not just a regular bike, no sir! It's a BMX bike. A very boyish BMX bike. Which I have no issues with, and I certainly did not stare enviously at the couple in front of me in the bike shop, there buying their daughter her very first bike - a lovely purple and white very girlie bike. Because Emma is her own person, and if she prefers a boy's blue and orange BMX bike to a lovely cruising bike with sweet little pink and white hearts all over it, then I fully support her. Do you hear me? Fully.

The best part about Emma's bike is that she had no idea she was getting it. She's been begging for one for a very long time, and we'd told her we'd try and get it for her birthday in May. Here is the video of my very excited little sweetie. Please ignore the sickly looking brunette woman dashing into the kitchen in her pajamas - I don't know who that is, but those pajamas make her look fat and her haircut is weird:


Both girls received matching pajama sets for themselves and their dolls from MomMom and PopPop, they are so cute! I hate that this picture of Emma was so blurry, but it was too cute not to post:




3 comments:

Clint and Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness, these California cousins are wishing they could have been with their Colorado cousins for a fun-filled, Lego-buiding, dollhouse-playing, bike-riding, video-gaming Christmas!
Emma was too cute receiving her bike! And that lady in the pajamas who scurried into the kitchen was adorable, all cozy and cute!
So was that pretty, blonde lady!

I loved all the pics, Jen. I wish we could have been there.
Waaahhh,
Jen

Clint and Jennifer said...

Oops, I forgot "rocket-launching!"
And I also forgot to say-
I had no idea you had that tradition to put underwear in the kids' stockings! Seriously, Jen, UNDERWEAR??!!
Okay, well, whatever floats your boat... I do think it's cute how you hide the good stuff underneath them... that's a pretty good trick actually! It fooled Eli for a moment anyway!
By the way, I also love the girls in their matching jammies with their dolls. Soo sweet.
Already wanting to see MORE MORE MORE-
Love you,
sissy

Sissy said...

I forgot to say how much Emma and Hannah both look like they've changed since the summer. They're both growing more and more beautiful, each in her own way. I miss those girls sooo much. Give them big hugs from their auntie, k?!
Love you so much,
Jen