Monday, December 8, 2008

Twas the night before an EEG and all through the house . . .

Every creature was stirring - ahem - well, except for this one:Hannah had an EEG last week and needed to be sleep deprived for the test. This meant that I had to keep her up until midnight and then wake her up by 5 a.m. Since Josh and Emma were going to school late anyway due to the appointment, I let them stay up with her. Joshua made it until about 10 p.m., when I found him like this on the couch. Though we'd lost one hard fighting soldier, we pressed on. The girls were bright eyed and ready to go:Emma never should have curled up under that blanket. I warned her.When Hannah started to look as though she was looking for a comfy spot like her sister, I decided a nice bath was in order. Sure enough, it did the trick and she perked right back up:Rugby: "Mom, seriously - do you have any idea what time it is????"Jane: "So, have you seen Josh lately? I really miss Josh! And by the way, do you have any idea what time it is???"Pidge and Dobby: "What do you think is going on? What's she doing? Why aren't we covered up for bed? Should we fly away from that silver rectangle thing she's putting in our cage? Whoa - get a load of the clock! I wonder if she has any idea what time it is?"Turns out Emma was not sleeping after all - she was just "resting her eyes". She rallies for the final moments of the countdown to bed:For some reason, Hannah still doesn't look sleepy, but she is finding everything (such as brushing her teeth) a little more hilarious than normal. Sleepy Hannah = Crazy Hannah:Ahhhhh . . . we made it. Time to give in to those heavy eyelids:Surely these little eyelids will be getting heavy soon? Any minute now . . . Chili: "Well, I'm glad that's over. You usually put your puppies to bed at a reasonable hour, I just can't imagine what you were thinking keeping them up playing games all night. This never would have happened if Daddy had been here."

Rugby: "ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

And we all settled down for a very, very quick winter's nap.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

oh I hate EEG's-hope all comes out well-I love the post to funny!

Clint and Jennifer said...

This is the cutest story ever! Those pictures were so great, but I have to ask, how did you get Rugby to make that tired face? I didn't know dogs could be SO expressive..?!
Oh Jen, I know it was a long night, but thank you for documenting it with such fun, creative pictures. They really did tell the story and your hilariously accurate captions were the icing on the cake!
LOVE YOU and ALL my crazy-tired AND crazy-hyper girls-
Jen

fourlittlehawks said...

I told him a boring story.

No, seriously - he really did just look that tired, lol! Every time I went near the stairs he would dash ahead of me and run into his bed, only to come out and look at me like that again when he realized I wasn't going to bed after all. It was too funny, poor Rugby!