Monday, May 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Emma!

Above: Emma at 5 years old; Below: Emma at 6 years old
I felt like I needed a birthday cake image for this post, so I chose this one below. I have to add that I hated this cake. I hated it so much that I actually tossed the pan after it was finished, lol! It was so time consuming, and required hand mixing so many different colors of icing, I thought my fingers were going to fall off! And the next day, everyone ate it! Ever since Emma's 4th birthday, I've stuck to simpler patterns!



Happy Birthday to my sweet Emma, she turns 7 today!!


We are going to officially celebrate her birthday on Saturday, because my Mom is coming from Missouri and we wanted her to be here. However, she does get to go out and spend her birthday money from MomMom and PopPop, and we're going to see a movie today as well.
Emma, you add so much laughter and sunshine to our lives. Seven years ago today, I was both excited to be having my second baby and a daughter, and nervous about the way our life was about to change. I didn't know yet how your smile would light up the room, or how the sound of your laughter could bring tears to my eyes. I had never seen the sunset playing in your hair while you sat under the tree in our front yard, deeply engrossed in conversation with the Mama bird tending her eggs above you.
(Do you remember? You were so worried she'd be bored or lonely, you spent time every day talking to her until her babies hatched!)

I love being your Mom - in fact sometimes I feel as though you give me more than I could ever give to you. I love you, my baby girl!












4 comments:

Carrie said...

she is so cute those eye are to die for!

Corie Barnhart-Grogan said...

Happy Birthday Dear Sweet Emma! It's about 9:00 and I just got home. I was so hoping to get you on the phone but you may be at your movie. Can't wait to hear all about it when I see you in just a few days!! It doesn't seem possible that it's been 7 years since I first layed eyes on you!!
I love you Ladybug,
Rinnie
p.s. Jen, you always pick the best pictures to post! I love these and it's been so much fun to see them again..I cried when seeing her so little and how she has grown! Every stage has it's very own enchantment.

Sissy said...

Okay, I'm a little tardy on commenting here, but better late than never, right?!
What a lovely, sweet, precious girl our little Emma is. How can she be seven?!! It's not possible!!!
Oh, these pictures truly ARE beautiful, Jen. You can see the sweet heart behind those amazing, sparkly eyes.
Emma, you are so very loved, adored and cherished! We thank God for bringing you into the world, and especially into OUR lives.

We love you!
Auntie, Uncle Clint, Caleb, Camryn, and Kelly

Maia said...

Happy Birthday to Emma - hope you all are enjoying a beautiful and languid weekend!! That is QUITE the cake, and I applaud you for your icing prowess...I can't even imagine how long it must have taken to make it!!