Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I know it's been forever since my last update! So first of all, Happy New Year! We had a really fun New Year's Eve playing board games with the kids. Once again, it was so neat having my Mom here with us making fun memories together as a family. All the kids made it until midnight in various states of catatonia - which made them much easier to beat at Monopoly. I also took advantage of some sales and replenished our craft supplies, and this is what I found bright and early on New Year's Day:
We have quite a little nation of alien PomPom creatures now - but most amazing was the absolute silence through the house when I woke up that morning. I generally awaken to the sounds of children arguing over the remote or the ear splitting sounds of boisterous wrestling matches breaking out - both things much more easily dealt with after a few cups of coffee. No, this wonderful morning there was only the collective silence of little minds buzzing with creativity.Even the budgies got in on the fun - "Hey Emma, build us a new buddy!" We also launched the boys' model rockets on what had to be the windiest day in history. I was a huge wimp and waited in the car for most of that. In my defense, I had two contact lenses full of dirt and ears that were aching in time to my heartbeat after standing outside in the cold wind for just ten minutes. Still, now I'm "the Mom that waited in the car", so I've got to find a way to redeem myself by doing something really tough and brave.
Suggestions are welcome . . .
We tried to get some video of that day, but they didn't turn out very well so I'm posting a video of the second launch. Can you tell Eli loved it?
Joel and the boys had such a great time building and launching them together - good call Joel!


5 comments:

Carrie said...

cool My boys really loved the video!

Clint and Jennifer said...

Cute little pom pom craft thingymajiggies. What a great way to have some fun and be creative when it's too cold to go out. Smart momma.

And DANG-- that rocket launch was AWESOME! Eli was too precious in his sheer, unabashed delight.
But what I want to know is... was it the windiest day ever, or was there no wind? You and Joel seem to have differing opinions on the matter, and I'm just trying to figure out who's telling the truth here. I mean, if I'm going to try to help you redeem your pathetic "mom who stayed in the car" reputation, I've got to get the facts straight so I know what I'm working with...
GEEZ.


tee hee!

Loved it- but I love you more!
Sissy

fourlittlehawks said...

Um, hello Ms. Post Skimmer!! I said that we didn't get good video on the windiest day ever, so this was video from the SECOND launch day. So there - I don't know how a raspberry is spelled, but I'm blowing one at you now.

Love YOU!
Jen

Clint and Jennifer said...

LOL
My mistake! I totally didn't make the connection that it was a second DAY, I thought it was just a second launch! I guess I really am a post skimmer! BAAAD big sissy.

Wiping raspberries from my eyes...
Jen

Blomquist Blog said...

Love, love the video. Eli's sheer delight is so precious and heartwarming! I just love how Josh is running out toward the rocket--I think that is what I would of done. What a fun day! Thanks for sharing!

Blessings,

Debbie Blomquist