Sunday, February 1, 2009

Maggie Mae

Maggie Mae


"Don't wake up, Maggie, cause we got nothin' to say to you . . . "
Joel's rendition of the classic Rod Stewart song, which he sang to her last night before bed.
No, it didn't work - she still had something to say. Sleeping at night isn't really her thing.

Yawn.






Honestly, I'd forgotten how much work a puppy this young is! We got Chili and Rugby when they were about 13 weeks old, and mostly housebroken. Running her outside every half hour and several times at night is really kicking my can! Ah well, it's all worth it in the end. And the truth is, she has me completely smitten with her sweet eyes, and all of other puptastic things.
Of course, I know she'll look much cuter with a full night's sleep behind me - somewhere in the next month or so!

6 comments:

Clint and Jennifer said...

Oh sweet Maggie Mae- you are absolutely puppylicious! And I see you have the traditional fuzzy bone, which is one of those things every puppy in our family simply MUST have.
You are a doll baby, little Maggie- now get bigger quick, you hear, so you can hold you bladder long enough for your mommy to get some sleep.
Kisses and smooches-
Your Auntie
P.S. Jen, Caleb says, "Have you taken her off any sweet jumps?"

fourlittlehawks said...

LOL Caleb -
As a matter of fact, I have.

Love,
Auntie

Clint and Jennifer said...

Caleb: "When I took my jowls off the jump I got like three feet of air!"

DBoggs said...

Maggie Mae, Layla....what's up with these 70's rock song names we are giving our pups?! LOL! She is seriously adorable, Jen, congratulations! Don't worry, the interrupted sleep nights shouldn't last TOO terribly long -- Layla has pretty much slept through the night since about 9 weeks. But it definitely helps to exercise them and play a lot during the day to wear them out! Have fun and enjoy the puppyhood because, just like human kids, they grow up oh so fast. love, Deb and Kevin

fourlittlehawks said...

Hey Caleb:

Luck - y

fourlittlehawks said...

Debby that's so funny, I thought the same thing! I haven't heard "Maggie Mae" in ages, and it came on today in the car on the way to the vet! I was very excited, but Maggie just slept through it - ingrate! Thank you for the words of encouragment about sleeping through the night, I think the Aussies are definitely helping to wear her out and they are MORE than happy to serve in that aspect as you can imagine!
Love,
Jen