Monday, February 11, 2008

A Change . . .


I need to post a correction (announcement?) to my blog.


The Princess formerly known as Caroline will now be going by a new name. Ever since they first received her pictures, my sister has not felt "settled" with the name Caroline. After going through dozens of names during numerous and lengthy emergency sister teleconferences, we had a short list of names she loved, but none of them was "the one". So my sister decided that it would be really special if the baby were named by her Daddy! I personally believe that's why she couldn't settle on a name, because Clint was meant to name this baby.

Now, I won't lie and say this whole prospect didn't make me a bit nervous. Clint has a history of falling for names like "Zephyr" or "Sunbeam Wavepool". But I was very pleasantly surprised with the verdict . . . (drumroll, please) . . .

Her name is Kelly Elise.

The "Elise" part is after Hannah, because God used our Hannah in many ways to bring her little cousin into the right family. Hannah is so excited that her cousin will be named after her! It's especially neat because each of our children is named "for" someone except Hannah. So now she's got one up on her siblings - she's got someone named "for" her!

I think the name suits her, it sounds so sweet and feminine!


Great job, Kelly's Dad!


2 comments:

Corie Barnhart-Grogan said...

Good job Clint! I love the name you chose and I can only imagine how happy Hannah is!! I will admit it's going to take me awhile to let go of "Caroline" but you have made it really easy with her beautiful name of Kelly Elise Kneip! Has a beautiful ring.
This was certainly a happy surprise when I decided to check Jen's blog at lunch. Thank you honey for the up-date.
Love,
Mom

Sissy said...

Yes, Jen! Thank you for keeping everyone up on all our news until we get on the ball and get a blog started ourselves! I'm so glad everyone likes Kelly Elise so far! And don't worry Mom, I'm still calling her "Caroline-uh-I- mean-Kelly" so don't worry! ;) Thanks, too, Jen, for all your sweet words about our daughter and our family. I am SO BLESSED to have you for my sister. My heart is filled to overflowing with gratitude to God for you!