Friday, February 8, 2008

Feeling Pink! Emma's First Ballet Class!



Ballerina Girl
You are so lovely
With you standing there
Im so aware
Of how much I care for you
You are more than now
You are for always
I can see in you my dreams come true
Don't you ever go away


I was so proud of Emma today at her first ballet class! She did not show herself to be a protege (quite yet!), on the contrary, more than ever she proved how much she takes after her Mama. We are both very challenged in the coordination department! I have confidence that she'll get better with experience, but watching her today filled me with admiration and pride. Emma may not be the most coordinated, or the quickest to learn new things, but for everything she lacks there, she makes up for in sheer determination.

Emma has the heart of a lion.

As I watched her struggling to move correctly and failing miserably, I kept thinking that at her age I would have probably crumbled with discouragment self consciousness. I watched her with a smile plastered to my face and my stomach in knots, expecting at any moment she'd burst into frustrated tears. But her confidence and intensity never waivered, even when she began to draw exasperated looks from her classmates. She ended the hour long class with the same drive and raw effort that she began with. She was put into a class with girls her own age who have been taking ballet for several years, so we decided it would be easier for her if she moves to a class where they are learning the basics. Thankfully, the girls in that class are close to her in age as well. I thank God for my sweet, passionate little girl. I am so blessed that I can look on my young daughter and admire so much about her.

My ballerina girl, I love you so!!





1 comment:

Corie Barnhart-Grogan said...

You are soooo welcome my precious ballerina girl!! I am so very happy for you. You just don't know how much joy it gave me to see your pictures when you were on the way to class and to see you in your ballet shoes, I would like to get that picture made into a frame to keep forever!
Love,
Rinnie