Saturday, March 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Hannah!

Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!!!




I can't believe that my baby is 5 today!
I will post pictures of singing and cake after dinner!
I am so thankful to God for bringing this little wonder into my life. She has taught me so much, and I am humbled by the miracle that God chose us for one another.
Every year on her birthday, I find my heart heavy and my mind wandering to her birthmother in China. Is she thinking today about the baby she gave life to, and wondering where this mystery girl is today? Does she wonder what she looks like now, and whether she is happy and safe? I can't even imagine the sense of loss she might be feeling, and the unanswered questions that must always plague her mind. I pray that God will give her peace, and that somehow she will know that Hannah is cherished beyond her wildest dreams.


Hannah, my beautiful, wonderful daughter . . . I love you with all of my heart. I am so thankful that God gave you to me, and gave me the gift of watching you grow.

2 comments:

Sissy said...

Oh, Jen, you are so precious, as are you beautiful girls! I'm sooo thankful God has blessed my life so generously and so undeservingly with you and your little ones. I LOVE YOU!!!!
Jen
P.S. So where are the pictures of the cake???

Carrie said...

Thabks for watching our site! you have such wonderful children!God sure has blessed you all!