Tuesday, June 10, 2008

They Have Her!

This morning at about 4:45 a.m. Caleb, Camryn and I were able to Skype with Jen, Clint, and baby Kelly for the first time! What a breath taking moment, to see Caleb and Camryn look upon their new baby sister for the very first time. I wanted to capture that moment for each of them, so I stayed in the doorway while the video came up - I started crying before I even finished taking pictures and went to see her for myself, lol! I will never forget that moment - I am so happy that I was able to be a part of it!
Here are the pictures of this morning:
Sleepyheads waiting for "The Call" - Notice Camryn is wearing her "Jie Jie", or "Big Sister" shirt!
I photographed Caleb's reaction first, so that he wouldn't have a chance to regain his teenage composure and I would have a true "first reaction" shot! I think it's absolutely precious!
I quickly turned the camera on Camryn, but I needn't have hurried - she wasn't going to regain any sort of composure for quite awhile. Her reaction was raw delight and some happy tears!

One last shot before I get to go and see the baby!

Finally! Mommy, Daddy, and Baby - What a gorgeous sight!

Kelly is so beautiful, she was clapping and banging some toys together. She's had some weepy moments, but that is a good thing. She must be so confused about what in the world just happened! My sister was completely gorgeous, so lit up with happiness. Clint was so sweet and tender with his new baby - he is just fabulous with babies and jumps right in with confidence! The orphanage staff told them that Kelly has never seen a man before. LOL, she must think Clint is one ugly lady!!

We get to see them again this evening at about 5 p.m. our time - morning for them. We already can't wait! I LOVE SKYPE! Camryn and Caleb were able to interact with their new sister in real time from another continent, it was amazing! I posted the actual Gotcha Day pictures on Jen's travel blog. I figured that I should post the experience from our side since we are the Home Team China blog!

I'm sorry to all of you with nieces, but I really think that I've got the most beautiful nieces in the entire world! Praise God, we are very blessed!

Kelly appears to be very healthy, and they are telling Jen and Clint that she was hospitalized as a "precaution". Who knows what actually happened - I'm just so thankful she is OKAY and finally right where she belongs. Thank You God, for this wonderful gift!



4 comments:

Blomquist Blog said...

You are so wonderful and absolutely fantastic. To capture Caleb and Camryn's first response and reaction is just so priceless. What a wonderful memory for all! You have been so good to your sister and I know she is praising God for all you have done for her and her family. Thanks for keeping us up to date.

All our best,

Debbie Blomquist

Carrie said...

Amen! and congrats family! love the shirts!

Trina said...

WOW!! This is amazing! I have been crying tears of joy reading your blog and your sister's blog! I am so excited for all of you! You did an amazing job documenting all of the day! Way to go girl! I love how you captured Camryn and Caleb!! And I too love Camryn's shirt! What a sweet big sissy! Much love to you all!

Maia said...

The reaction shots are priceless! What a wonderful memory for the books!!