Saturday, July 12, 2008

Catching Up, The Grand Finale


You people knew that this flurry of posts could not draw to a close without an appearance from the family pets, right? If you didn't, then this must be your first visit to my blog!
Now, before we commence with photos, there are some things you should know:
  • Yes, we have acquired another animal.

  • Yes, Joel feels that he is now officially living on Noah's Ark.

  • No, we will not be adding any more pets to our family, I do solemnly swear.

So, without further ado, I am pleased to introduce Jane, our new cockatiel.

Jane is a cinnamon pied, Joshua's first official pet, and the sweetest little baby you could wish for. We are all enjoying her - well, I guess in Joel's case enjoy would be too strong. But Joel isn't not enjoying her, which is the best I could have hoped for! Joshua chose her name, and I think it's such a sweet name!



Now, in a family the size of ours, you really can't please everyone all of the time. Pidge the budgie does not find Jane remotely interesting or amusing. Jane returns the sentiment. Dobby the budgie thinks that Jane is absolutely enchanting, and dances around her singing his sweetest songs and clucking and bobbing his little head. This scenario always ends with Dobby offering to groom her, and Jane promptly knocking Dobby off his perch. Poor little Dobby, some women just can't be pleased. While I can't imagine any girl not being completely charmed by his advances, I don't think Jane is going to come around.

Pidge and Jane squaring off - Dobby very wisely backs way up. Or did he back up to get a better view of the impending "catfight"? I know some guys are into that.

Nope, I guess Dobby isn't one of "those guys", he can't even watch as the tension mounts!

So, now you are caught up on the little hawks and critters - and I hope that I'll be much better at keeping the blog updated from now on!

Love,

Jen

5 comments:

Corie Barnhart-Grogan said...

That's OK Pidge, if my husband was"absolutely enchanting, and dances around her singing his sweetest songs and clucking and bobbing his little head...." I would be less than cordial to her as well..Pidge I thnk you are beautiful but man, I don't blame how you feel about Jane cause she really is gorgeous!!

Trina said...

I love all the updates!! I am so glad to see all of them. I was wondering where you were in blogger world! Glad to know you are still there! Thanks for sharing the journey with us!

Carrie said...

glad your back-you dog is so cute

Sissy said...

I want your birdies, Jen! They are so pretty, and I am simply enchanted by how much fun and joy they bring to your lives! Send those cutie pies to me! Oh wait, never mind... Chloe might like to have herself a smackerel of fine feathery friends for lunch, wouldn't she? Well, phooey. How about a trade then? One fat, lazy, standoffish cat for three adorable, fun-loving, precious little birdies.
Okay, I know, I know... you love me, but you don't love me THAT much!

fourlittlehawks said...

Hmmmm . . . okay Jen as you know, I'd do just about anything for you. But it's just that Chloe is SO bad for my self esteem! I mean, she flattens her ears and hisses nearly every time I walk by her. In fact, the only time she seemed happy with me when you were in China is when I ate something amiss and ended up sick. What I mean by that is, I think Chloe was actually so happy to see me ill that she couldn't resist giving me a rub and a purr. So, please forgive my weak nature, and understand why I can't handle the emotional torment of having Chloe around every day.

Love,
Your Sissy