Saturday, July 12, 2008

I Have Some Catching Up To Do!

The day before we left for California, Emma had her first Ballet Recital! She was so excited! The performance was wonderful, and of course I cried during Emma's part. I'm so happy that she enjoys her classes so much and wants to continue with this. I don't have any pictures of the actual recital worth posting, though. We were only allowed to take pictures at the Dress Rehearsal, and I forgot to charge my camera beforehand! BAD MOMMY!
I managed to get some shots before my battery died, but they all came out blurry and dark. These photos were taken by my Mom at Emma's last class before her performance, and I'm so glad we have them!




Emma's teacher, Maria, was a dream come true. She was fabulous with the kids and had a way of being a gentle encourager while at the same time not accepting less than their best work. I'm so sad Emma won't have her in the next few levels, as Maria primarily teaches the higher level students.

Emma starts ballet back up again next week, and she can't wait!

3 comments:

Corie Barnhart-Grogan said...

Emma, I wish for you another wonderful season of ballet lessons...enjoy my sweet little balerina.
Love,
Rinnie

Blomquist Blog said...

Wow! I am truly amazed at how Emma is truly built like a ballerina. She is beautiful and looks like she is doing something she loves. How fun!

Take care,

Debbie Blomquist (your sister's friend)

Sissy said...

I know I'm a bit late in commenting here, but Emma, you truly ARE a ballerina! You go, girl! I love seeing you dancing. You look like a natural to me!
Enjoy every minute of it, sweet girl. You are beautiful!!!
Love you,
Auntie