Saturday, July 26, 2008

Today the kids and I dropped Joel off at the starting line of a 10K race, drove to the park where the finish line was and waited to cheer him across! Joel's pretty fast, so we didn't have to wait long, but here are some highlights of how we passed the time.The girls decided it would be fun to collect leaves from the ground, and this kept them occupied for the better part of our wait:
Eli got in on the action, but in typical Eli fashion, he wasn't content to simply collect leaves:
No, he had to build something out of them. By the time Joel finished the race, he had turned the structure you see below into a two bedroom, 1.5 bath townhouse with running water: In between foraging for attractive leaves, I was able to get some sweet photos. Okay, I made them stop looking for leaves for a few minutes so I could take the following pictures, but I think it sounded better the other way:

Josh hit the picture wall fairly early, I think he's going into a phase where it's going to be a challenge to photograph him!
Now, this next photo is our solemn secret, got it? Josh would kill me if he knew I'd taken it, much less posted it. I just love the face he makes when he stretches. He's made this same "stretching face" since he was a baby and I think it's the cutest thing, and therefore couldn't resist posting it: Just a pretty view down one of the paths at Monument Park:
Now some race spectators are starting to show up, must mean the runners aren't far behind! Doesn't Emma have the sweetest profile?

2 comments:

Sissy said...

Yes, Emma DOES have the sweetest profile ever!!!
Weird- these pictures were not here earlier when I posted a comment about the "hark" poses!?!

Well, anyway, these are great shots and really capture the true essence of the little hawks in all their forms and fashions... Eli: Mr. "Gotta-Build-Something-Or-I'll-Go-Nuts", and Josh: Mr. "Don't-even-think-about-taking-my-picture-OR-ELSE".

Ah, yes, the joys of boys! (Oh, and mum's the word about the stretchy face! SOOO ADORABLE!)

Eli really does amaze me, although I am not at all surprised by his trendy little leaf condo. Kind of has a retro teepee look, doesn't it? Those are all the rage these days, you know, what with everyone going GREEN and all! Tell Eli to keep working on it- you guys will be millionaires yet!

Sissy said...

I forgot to mention the other two little hawks in my previous comment... such the quintessential little girls, collecting leaves. Now what I want to know is, did they manage to sneak those leaves home and set them out all over the shelves to decorate their rooms???

...WHICH REMINDS ME!
Where are pictures of Emma's new room, hmmmmm??????

Hah, I had to give you a hard time about that! Truly Jen, you captured your little sweeties so well in those pictures today. I love LOVE LOOOOVVVEEE them!!! But the only thing is, it makes me miss you guys too much!!!
Wah.