Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Joshua!

I can't believe that my first baby turned 9 today! Happy Birthday my love!
I gave Joshua the option of having his celebration before or after school. Guess which one he chose? He said that school would drag by much too slowly if he didn't open his presents in the morning! We had his favorite cinnamon rolls and bacon for breakfast and then opened presents, all before Eli's bus arrived at 7 a.m. I think everyone looks a little bleary eyed in these pictures but we had a great birthday morning all the same!
MomMom and PopPop gave Joshua birthday money, but the best gift of all is that MomMom came all the way from Maryland to spend his birthday with him. This is the first birthday she has spent with us and Josh is so glad she was here to celebrate.
Legos, Legos, and more Legos. Between the two boys, we should have a guest house comprised entirely of Legos by next Christmas. I'm really looking forward to that - I hope it's well insulated and tastefully decorated.
Hannah is thinking, "Poor Josh, he just got a bunch of Legos for his birthday. Mom and Dad must not really like him very much. Not a single stuffed puppy or Polly Pocket in sight! I sure hope he doesn't cry."
Actually, he did. In fact, every one of the Four Little Hawks cried at some point this morning. They just didn't feel it was right that birthdays and school should occur on the same day. Once 'celebration' mode kicked in, 'get ready for school' mode felt cruel and unusual. The birthday boy got to come home early, which compensated him somewhat for the three hour separation from the new Lego sets crying out to be built.


4 comments:

Carrie said...

Happy Birthday Josh

Blomquist Blog said...

Wow! Now that is one EARLY birthday celebration! Happy Birthday Josh! Although we have never met, I have learned so much about you through your Auntie Jen, Uncle Clint, and cousins Caleb, Camryn, and Kelly. We hope you had a wonderful day and were able to put together your lego structure. You and our son, Blake, would get along well. He LOVES Legos too. Here's wishing you a fantastic 9th year. We hope all your birthday wishes come true!

Happy, Happy Birthday,

Debbie Blomquist and Family

Clint and Jennifer said...

Oh, don't we know in this household, the unsurmountable value of LEGOS?!!! I hope you had lots of fun building them, J-Man! I can't believe you're NINE?!! How did that happen???
I remember when you were born, Joshua... I had come to Virginia to meet you for the very first time. You were only a few weeks old- this little, teeny-tiny baby boy, and I remember- you were laying on your mom & dad's bed, sweetly sleeping away, and your mom and I just sat there, staring at you for the longest time. I remember looking over at your mom, and I had never seen that look on her face before...
It was this amazingly peaceful, far-away look of pure love, and I knew, at that moment, that your little life had changed your mommy's world and she would never ever be the same.
I hope you always know, Joshua, that you are a precious gift from God, and you are dearly loved!

I'm glad you had such a happy birthday... oh, and we always do before-school morning present-openings too!
And just think- next year-- it's DOUBLE DIGITS!!!
WOW!!!
Love you,
Auntie

fourlittlehawks said...

Oh Jen, you made me cry!