Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Praying for Carrie . . .

I received a heartbreaking email this morning from a friend of my sweet friend Carrie.

Carrie and I both adopted around the same time, and because we both adopted older children we've traded emails, encouraged one another, and kept up with each other's lives through our blogs. The adoption community is a pretty tight knit one, and we quite often bond with each other across many miles. Even though I've never met her in person, we were able to bond through the life changes we were both experiencing, our faith - and just because she's an all around great lady.

Monday morning, Carrie's precious daughter MJ passed away as the result of a tragic accident. My heart is so heavy for Carrie and her family, and I ask that you all would pray for them during this terrible time. I can't find any words to express how deeply my heart hurts for them. I cannot begin to imagine the depth of their pain.

Sweet Carrie, please know that I am lifting you up to Our Father even as I type this.
MJ deeply touched so many lives, including mine. I'm so thankful that her life was transformed by experiencing the unfailing love of a phenomenal mother like you. I can't say or do anything that will lessen your pain, but please know that I will continue to petition The Healer on your behalf.

Much Love,
Jen

2 comments:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

How this news broke my heart...

Maia said...

I too am in mourning for Carrie and her daughter and family. There are just no words to express the sadness.