Thursday, October 2, 2008

Now THAT'S Better . . .

My melancholy has evaporated!

You might wonder how this could be, when just a few hours ago I was so very melancholy.

Well, I'll tell you. I went to get the kids from school, and was sitting at an intersection while a crossing guard walked some children across the street. I was lost in thought, and not paying attention to the fact that my radio was even on. All of the sudden, the crossing guard really started to get down. At the same moment, I noticed Kanye West blaring through my speakers and out my open window. The kids all laughed watching their crossing guard dance, the crossing guard laughed at the Mom in the minivan blaring Kanye, and I laughed pretty much the rest of the way to school. Isn't it funny how something so silly can completely lift your mood?

~ Thanks Kanye, There Really Is Only One of You ~
~ Thanks Crossing Guard - You Are One Sassy Slave To Rhythm ~

3 comments:

Carrie said...

That is so great!! I know I have not been myself lately but I saw like three pictures of me from a run a did a while back with all my friends, and I said to myself where is that old gilr been Hiding- I put on my running shoes along with the four kids and took off to the park with a nice run behind me and the kids to sleepy to fight I felt great!

Sissy said...

Hey!
I completely forgot to say... I noticed you've been redecorating... your blog!
LOVE IT!!!
Your blog is now officially cuter and more hip than mine. That's okay, I have a baby, and babies are great excuses for not getting all KINDS of things done- one being updating my lame, old, boring-looking blog!
Love your blog-envying sister,
Jen

Yoli said...

This is so sweet. Amazing how the little things are the ones that lift our moods the most.