Thursday, April 10, 2008

Helping Bring Kelly Home!

As my sister waits . . . and waits . . . and waits for her Letter of Acceptance to arrive from China, I have really felt led to help with fundraising but just haven't had any workable ideas on how to get started.

My sister and her husband have applied for grants and done everything they can do, and are still lacking quite a bit of the funds needed to travel.

I've been feeling helpless to do anything about this, as we've just completed two adoptions in three years and aren't exactly rolling in extra cash. But today I had a thought - I am blessed to know many gifted people, what if I got them all together and did an ebay auction fundraiser with items they were willing to donate?!

We'll have some gorgeous signed artwork from a friend of my sister's who is a well known American artist, some beautiful hand made scarves courtesy of my mother in law, custom hand made jewelry courtesy of my sister in law, custom hand made baby swings in the design of your choice and much, much more. Right now I only have a few items up at this point, so it hasn't gotten exciting yet. Please go to ebay.com and look up my listings under my User ID, which is hawkfamily. If you'd like to help but aren't interested in bidding in the auctions, you can use the ChipIn feature I've added to the bottom of my blog - really every bit helps, no matter how small it might seem to you.

Let's Get Her Home!!
Love,
Jen


3 comments:

Carrie said...

thats is a great idea!~We had a spaghetti dinner at our church we raised 1,600 dollars. that was after paying for all the food-the church donated the cooking area and dinning hall and it was fab-I made a big like poster board of pic's for MJ and her area and some stat's on adoption from china. What a wonderful sister you are!

Sissy said...

"Thank you" doesn't even begin to express the state of awe I am in that you would take so much time and energy to help us like this, Jen. You are so dear to me, my sweet sister- thank you for all you're doing to help me get through this time, and to help raise funds to bring our baby girl home!!!!

fourlittlehawks said...

I love you silly girl!

Love,
Jen