Thursday, April 24, 2008

It's All About The Family Values . . .

I just had to post this, I think it's going down as my "quote of the week". Just for fun, today I got Joel an XBox game he's been wanting for awhile that finally went on sale. Naturally, Josh is dying to play it, but it's rated "M" for 'mature', so he isn't allowed. It's a shoot 'em up style military game and aside from the death and destruction, I'm willing to bet the language isn't pretty.

Joshua tried various methods of coercion the entire way home, to no avail. With a scowl, he contented himself with staring longingly at the back of the box. Suddenly he exclaims,

"WAIT MOM! It says RIGHT HERE that this game 'Supports Family Settings'!"


Indeed, it did say that - but it was referring to the actual settings on your XBox that allows multiple player accounts to sign in on the game, not cozy living room scenes of idyllic domesticity. I laughed so hard I nearly had to pull over.

Good try Josh, you almost had me thinking that I'd been wrong, and the game was actually based on Mayberry.

~ Jen

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Oh my that is so Funny!